Dime Bank Welcomes Six Corporators at 148th Annual Meeting
Dime Bank hosted its 148th annual meeting on Tuesday, March 21, at Lake of Isles in North Stonington, Conn.
Dime Bank hosted its 148th annual meeting on Tuesday, March 21, at Lake of Isles in North Stonington, Conn. In his State of the Bank Presentation, President and CEO Nick Caplanson discussed some business highlights from the past year, including Dime’s continuing solid financial performance, the successful opening of its newest branch in Colchester and the value Dime provides to its business customers as the region’s leading local commercial lender.
“Dime Bank has been a stalwart in the area for nearly 150 years,” stated Caplanson following the meeting. “As a true community bank, we have always put the needs of our customers first and I am proud of the loyalty our customers return by continuing to trust us for their banking needs and services.”
As part of the meeting, six new bank corporators were elected at the event:
- Senator Paul Formica represents the residents of the 20th Senatorial District and is currently serving his second term. He has also been the owner and operator of Flanders Fish Market & Restaurant in East Lyme for 34 years.
- John Fuller is the President and founder of Ledyard-based Full Power Radio, owning and operating fourteen stations in the Providence, New London, Hartford and Springfield radio markets, including five in New London County.
- Mary L. Lenzini is the President/CEO of the Visiting Nurse Association of SE CT. She is the co-founder of the Community Meal Program in New London and was recently elected 2017 Citizen of the Year by the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT.
- Atty. William A. Nardone is a Managing Partner of Orsinger Nardone Lallo & Thomsen in Westerly, RI. Atty. Nardone is a current board member of The Frank Olean Center.
- Dr. Sandeep B. Varma is the Medical Director of the Backus Arthritis Center, where he has practiced Rheumatology since 2004. Dr. Varma is a recipient of the Gold Medical Infectious Disease Award from the Kasturba Gandhi Memorial Hospital in Bombay, India.
- Phillip M. Warzecha is a founder and owner, along with his two brothers, of P&D Mechanical in Colchester. P&D is an HVAC and plumbing contractor specializing in commercial and industrial work
The new corporators will begin serving their terms immediately.
About Dime Bank
Established in 1869, Dime Bank is a mutual bank with over $800 million in assets and 12 convenient branch locations throughout southeastern and shoreline Connecticut and Westerly, Rhode Island. As a full-service financial institution, Dime offers consumer and commercial banking, home mortgages, trust services, and through Dime Investment Services, a subsidiary of Dime Bank, insurance and investment services – all delivered with a personal touch. BauerFinancial, Inc., a national bank rating firm, recognized Dime Bank, as one of the strongest banks in the nation. For more information about Dime Bank, visit https://dime-bank.com.