Protecting your personal information is no accident
At Dime, we know a thing or two about protecting against online banking fraud.
Keeping your personal and account information secure is our first priority – you can help by practicing these “good security habits”(1):
- Never respond to unsolicited requests for your Social Security Number or financial data
- Shred credit card and ATM receipts before throwing them away
- Shred any pre-approved credit offers you receive, but don’t intend to use
- Check all credit card and bank statements for accuracy
- Avoid easy-to-figure out access and PIN codes. Never reveal your PIN to anyone
- Store your card number and PIN separately, and never write your PIN on your card
- Obtain a copy of your credit report yearly and check it for accuracy
- Use only secure Web sites when making online purchases. Secure pages begin with “https”
- Pay for online purchases by credit card to assure delivery and to limit your liability
Protecting your assets is our top priority
At Dime Bank, we strive to be the best community bank in Connecticut and Rhode Island by helping you realize your financial goals…
With this in mind, we offer a range of security services – including quick resolution for lost or stolen cards, fraud protection, and safe deposit boxes – that are designed to keep your hard earned money and valuables safe & sound. Give us a call for more information.
(1) Excerpted from Federal Trade Commission recommendations.